HPE Aruba 9004-LTE (US) – Gateway – 4 ports – ZigBee, NFC, Bluetooth, LTE – cloud-managed – Aruba
HPE Aruba 9004-LTE (US) - gateway - cloud-managed
Data Link Protocol
Gigabit Ethernet, ZigBee, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, LTE
Firewall throughput: 2 Gbps ¦ Bridged throughput: 4 Gbps
Number of supported devices: 2048 ¦ Active firewall sessions: 32426
Mobile Broadband Access
2 x dipole antennas
AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
7.8 in x 6 in x 1.5 in
Internet of Things (IoT)
Internet of Things (IoT) Compatible
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Service & Support
Dimensions & Weight
Data Link Protocol
Mobile Broadband Access
- Cloud-managed and purpose-built for branch SD-WAN requirements
- Up to 10 times the performance and 80 times the client density of typical SD-WAN appliances
- Unified policy enforcement for wired and wireless traffic through Aruba Dynamic Segmentation
- Visibility into over 3,000 applications with no added hardware
- Integrated LTE
- For distributed enterprises with increasing performance and bandwidth needs, the 9000 series is designed with scale and flexibility and is equipped with plenty of horsepower at a competitive price-point. The 9000 series provides connectivity for up to 2,048 users or client devices at impressive firewall throughput. These capabilities are up to 80 times the client density and 10 times the maximum throughput of typical SD-WAN appliances. For enhanced resiliency and high availability, the multiple 9000 series can be clustered together at each branch.
- The gateway also uses integrated device profiling to improve client visibility and works with Aruba Central, ClearPass Policy Manager or ClearPass Device Insight to provide advanced user, device and IoT policy management and insights.
- For organizations that are now managing multiple WAN connections, 9000 series gateways can be connected to Aruba’s SD-WAN fabric right out of the box. SD-WAN is a rich WAN management solution that is used to simplify management of traffic entering and exiting branch sites. Role-based intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS), Dynamic Segmentation, and stateful firewall deliver integrated security requirements.
- 9000 series gateways can also be re-purposed as mobility controllers to provide WLAN and LAN services such as Dynamic Segmentation, stateful firewall and Live Upgrades.
- The 9004-LTE is a gateway with an integrated LTE module that can use high-speed LTE as a dedicated or redundant WAN uplink. The LTE operations are managed via Aruba Central.
- To simplify and secure wired and wireless network access, the 9000 series gateways are a pivotal component of Aruba Dynamic Segmentation. Wired and wireless traffic can be tunneled to a gateway, which then consistently provides policy enforcement based on user role (e.g. guest, contractor and employee), device type, application and network location.
- Aruba’s integration with Microsoft enables unique application intelligence that detects Microsoft 365 (Office 365), Teams and Skype for Business traffic and then prioritizes them over less critical applications. Through management interfaces on Aruba Central, ArubaOS and Aruba AirWave, IT can visualize call quality metrics such as MOS, latency, jitter and packet loss for additional insights.
- The 9000 series includes a Layer 4-7 stateful firewall with PEF to deliver a consistent user, device and application awareness across WLAN, LAN and WAN. When deployed alongside Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, policies are automatically enforced to simplify SSID, VLAN and policy management.
- To improve security against a growing attack surface, gateways deployed in SD-WAN mode add role and identity-based intrusion detection and prevention capabilities (IDS/IPS) on top of existing security features. The threat defense function is further augmented with one-click integration with third-party cloud-based security solutions.
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology, which is a component of PEF, consistently evaluates and optimizes performance and usage policies for over 3,000 applications. This ensures a remarkably high Quality of Service (QoS) – even for encrypted traffic.
- The 9000 series can be deployed with N+1 or NxN redundancy and can also join a controller cluster when deployed as a Mobility Controller managed by Mobility Master. This increases performance and scale for enhanced resiliency.
- Visualize and troubleshoot networks based on call quality metrics such as MOS, latency jitter and packet loss. Supported applications include: Teams, Skype for Business, Wi-Fi Calling, FaceTime, SIP, Jabber, Spark and more.
What’s in the box
- HPE Aruba 9004-LTE (US)
- External power adapter
- 2 x dipole antennas