HPE StoreEver LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 External Tape Drive
HPE StoreEver 6250 - tape drive - LTO Ultrium - SAS-2
LTO Ultrium 6
8.8 in x 11.6 in x 3 in
Storage Removable Capacity
2.5 TB (native) / 6.25 TB (compressed)
Supported Tape Cartridges (Read and Write)
Ultrium 6, Ultrium 5
Data Transfer Rate (native)
160 MBps (576 GBph)
Data Transfer Rate (compressed)
400 MBps (1440 GBph)
ProLiant DL320e Gen8 Entry, DL360 G7, DL380 G7, DL385p Gen8 Entry, SL230s Gen8 1U Left Half Width Tray, SL230s Gen8 1U Right Half Width Tray, SL230s Gen8 Base 1U Left Tray Server, SL230s Gen8 Base 1U Right Tray Server, SL270s Gen8 1U Left Half Width Tray, SL270s Gen8 1U Right Half Width Tray
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Dimensions & Weight
Serial Attached SCSI 2
Data Transfer Rate
Data Transfer Rate (Compressed)
Recording Standard (most advanced)
LTO Ultrium 6
- HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives provide up to 30TB of compressed capacity on a single cartridge.
- Allows the tape drive to continuously adjust the speed of the drive to keep drives streaming to maximize performance and reduce start/stops which significantly increase reliability of HPE drives and media.
- Provides HPE LTO media, cables, user guides and a download flyer for the fully functional 60-day trial of Veritas Backup Exec. Customers can receive a 50% discount off Veritas MSRP.
What's in the box
- HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 External SAS Tape Drive, the option to download Yosemite Server Backup Basic backup and recovery software, HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB RW Data Cartridge, power cord, mini-SAS High Density to SFF8088 cable, documentation
- HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives provide up to 30TB of compressed capacity on a single cartridge.HPE StoreOpen Standalone and Linear Tape File System (LTFS) allows customers to store data in an open format making the tape self-describing and file-based.Enables even the tightest backup window to be met with unprecedented performance.Provides highest level of security with encryption for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance quickly and with fewer cartridges.
- Allows the tape drive to continuously adjust the speed of the drive to keep drives streaming to maximize performance and reduce start/stops which significantly increase reliability of HPE drives and media.SAS models qualified on HPE and non-HPE servers; including popular platforms from vendors such as Dell, IBM, and Sun. See DAPR compatibility matrix on the right rail for more information.Extensive list of supported backup and archiving software applications from HPE, CA, VERITAS, Legato, Tivoli, and many more.Design leveraged from previous HPE LTO tape drives to deliver confident backups at high duty cycles.
- Provides HPE LTO media, cables, user guides and a download flyer for the fully functional 60-day trial of Veritas Backup Exec. Customers can receive a 50% discount off Veritas MSRP.For IT organizations with stringent, long-term data retention requirements, WORM data protection capability offers a simple and secure method for archiving records allowing customers to affordably meet the toughest industry compliance regulations.